Learning how to learn

     It really is a beautiful thing isn't it. Seeing as I know that most people reading this probably don't know me personally, most that do know me personally might say that I'm a fast learner because... well I tend to pick up things very quickly... but that's only when it comes to art.
     In the past year I joined a photography group on facebook with the understanding that I would find the help that I needed to really learn about photography, and let me tell you.... this was one of the best decisions that I could have made for photography besides actually picking up a camera. 
     I quickly learned that I'd been doing things all wrong for years. You see I thought that just because I'd recently discovered manual focus and knew a little bit about light, that I was kinda the bomb, oh and my friends... they all absolutely loved my stuff. (Thing to remember: Your friends may like your stuff but you might not get published if you only trust them... unless they are all professional photographers). 
    I posted a photo that had gotten many compliments in the past and the people in the group tore it apart. It was pretty intense. Now it may have seemed a bit harsh, and my first thought was to just leave that group and do my own thing, but if I'd done that... I would still be where I was, and I was a slob. 
     So what did I do?....
     Heck I hit the guy up for tips. Why not, right? I learned a lot that day.
     So hey maybe this entry won’t have any of my photos in it but you can find this encouragement. Constructive criticism is okay and will help you grow. Sometimes well meaning people will seem like they are being mean with their criticisms, but don’t let that stop you from learning. For all you know they could be one of the nicest and most helpful people that you’ll ever come in contact.
     I started learning that day, that I had tons to learn and it has changed my life as far as being a photographer goes.


Just figured that’s something worth talking about.
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram
Have a great day ;)


Comments

  1. Great blog design. Thanks for sharing the stage with me. My blog is at
    whenthemonkeydustsettles.blogspot.com I will trade links with you if you like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts