Welcome to the journey

Of my cameras and I... :)
Glad that you’ve come along for the ride. 

     So you may be wondering why I’ve started this new blog. Well you see it’s quite simple. I want to share my experiences in photography with you. Quite simple indeed huh. 
     Several years ago, photography became a key factor in getting me through an extremely depressing time. I was in deep. So deep.
     I lived in Pensacola  Florida at the time, and for some reason was drawn to the downtown area. So I’d begin to walk downtown with my iPhone. I found myself snapping pictures of basically anything and really finding a sense of satisfaction when I snapped something that looked good. Not necessarily something that looked cool, but even a boring thing that I was just able to capture in an interesting way. Even in the midst of depression that my musical art wasn’t helping me through God had given me a new thing. 

Photography
downtown Pensacola FL. palafox
Humble beginnings

     Eventually I went out and got my first DSLR. It was a Sony A3000 and let me tell you something... I thought that I was the actual bomb with that thing. And the truth is... though I’m grateful for my stint with the a3000 and how it helped me through such a hard time in my life. I had NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING. 
But.... I did get some lucky shots here and there lol. 

Til this day, I love this camera lol. 
Looking back on it now I’m reminded of a simple rule that was taught to me.
The photographer attend more than the camera. 
I digress.

     As time went on, I’d find myself carrying my camera any and everywhere and if I didn’t have it, I was snapping photos with my iPhone. I have tons of pictures of my feet walking on paths somewhere floating in the infinite space that is the internet. I would shoot and shoot and shoot, but I never really understood my camera. I didn’t even know that it had a manual focus mode. 
     Eventually I was called to become a worship leader in Panama City in 2015. My life was changing. A new location. What was one of the first things that I did? Check out the downtown area with my camera. 
     And it wasn’t until I moved there that I began to see photography as more than a means to battle depression. I became passionate about it. I began shooting with a Nikon D5000, but then traded for a Nikon D3200.
      I began learning. I’m still learning. I will always be learning. And that’s why I’m here writing this right now. I want to invite you on my journey of learning photography. 


Welcome to my journey 



See my recent work on instagram @V.H._Photography




Comments

Popular Posts