Ah the Prom :)

     I got to do it. I got to shoot prom photos finally lol. Let me tell you what! That day was one of the most frustrating and great days that I’ve ever experienced!
     So I had two prom shoots lined up here in Panama City Florida st oaks by the bay... turns out that was the hot spot for shooting prom photos, which is kind of a plus to it all. So I get there about an hour before my first shoot is scheduled and get all set up. Started to charge one of my batteries, when I notice a crack in it. I pick it up and it falls apart. At this point I’m having a mini heart attacking because although I do have another battery, it was at mid level power and... I’m 15 minutes out from the photo shoot. 
     To make matters worse my broken battery begins to heat up and smoke in my hand. So yeah.. I toss it on the ground and let it sit for a while, ya know... to make sure it doesn’t blow up on me, before disposing if it.
     So a bit of time goes by and I’m informed that my first shoot needs to be pushed back after my second shoot. WHAT A RELIEF!
    Kinda... you see shortly after that it began to rain. Now at this point I’m wondering if I’m going to just have cancellations. This being Panama City, rain doesn’t always stay. It tends to be an on and off kinda thing, and that’s how it was this particular day. 
    So I’m out there in the park just observing the other students and their photographers. Just seeing what everyone else is doing and at this point I’m so excited at how well the day has worked in my favor, regardless of rain and a busted battery. I go to check the time and realize that my second shoot is about 20 minutes late, so I contact her. She explains that her mom took forever, so I give it a pass, let it go and we set the time about an hour out. 
  An hour rolls by and I contact her again. She explains that it’s raining and there’s nowhere to go. At this point it was no longer raining. I let her know and she says “we already left.” Now this is where the frustration came in. She never even let me know she was there. Listen people... don’t be this client! Just don’t. Communication is key. This was a free shoot too. Don’t be this client. It was a very disappointing moment, but I was still looking forward to the next shoot. 
     And it finally arrives. And it’s time to shoot. The clients were so awesome. Great personalities. We had an incredible time and we got such great shots. I was so thankful and grateful to be able to shoot someone’s prom photos. It’s also really cool to get to have that in my portfolio. Unfortunately the rain did decide to show its face again, so we were cut a bit short but again.. what we got was great! Take a look at this :] and have a great day. 




Follow me on Instagram @v.h._photography
Facebook: facebook.com/vhphotografee
Twitter: VH_pho88

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts